纽约英语口语网新版
密苏里英语口语
第 78 课:What do you mean? 我不懂.

PAUL You give up too easily. Your brother! Who else? 你太容易放弃了. 是你大哥! 还会是谁?

JOANA: Congratulations, Paulo! Now maybe you can take a few days off. You work harder than anyone else in that office. 恭喜你了, 保罗!现在, 你或许可以休息几天了. 那个办公室里, 没有一个人像你这么努力工作.

PAUL Joana, you don't take time off when you want a promotion. 琼娜, 一个人如果想进升的话, 就不能请假.

JOANA: You even eat more quickly than you used to. 你连吃饭都比以前吃得快.

PAUL Hey, I didn't ask for a lecture! 嘿! 我没要你来教训我.

JOANA: I'm sorry, Paulo. I think it's wonderful. Now tell me about the competition. What are the rules? Can Michael enter? 对不起, 保罗, 我想那是很美妙的, 告诉我一些关于这个比赛的事, 有些什么规则? 麦可可不可以参加?

PAUL Michael Crawford? 麦可?郭佛?

JOANA: Sure. He paints better than anyone I know. When does the competition start? 是啊, 他的画比我所认识的人画得都要好.比赛什么时候开始?

PAUL We won't announce the contest until Mr. Crawford finishes the brochure. 我们等郭佛先生完成册子, 再公布比赛.

JOANA: Oh, is he doing the brochure for you? 哦, 他帮你编小册子吗?

PAUL Yes. 是的.

JOANA: What does his office look like? 他的办公室是什么样子?

PAUL It's large enough, and modern and businesslike. And very formal--too formal, perhaps. Why do you ask? 地方很大, 很摩登很有条理, 而且十分正式--太正式了. 也许 你问这些干什么?

JOANA: Just curious. I'm trying to imagine Michael in that office. 只是好奇而已, 我试着想像, 麦可坐在那个办公室里.

PAUL What do you mean? 我不懂.