纽约英语口语网新版
密苏里英语口语
第 86 课:I was born in Japan. 我在日本出生.

ALI: Are you Japanese? I'm from Iran. 你是不是日本人? 我是伊朗人.

MR.YAMAMOT I was born in Japan. 我在日本出生.

ALI: I went to the Japanese Garden last week. 我上个礼拜到日本花园去过.

MR.YAMAMOT Did you? 噢, 你去过啦?

ALI: Yes, it's very pretty. My mother liked it very much. I think it's too quiet there, but I'll go with you if you want. 是的, 非常漂亮, 我妈妈很喜欢. 我觉得那边太安静了, 不过, 如果你要去的话, 我就陪你去.

MR.YAMAMOT Thank you. But if you come with me, your parents won't know where you are. 谢谢. 不过, 你如果陪我去, 你父母就会不知道你到那里去了.

ALI:If you wait, I'll tell my parents where I'm going. 你若能等我一下, 我就告诉我爸爸妈妈我要去那里.

MR.YAMAMOT You are a good boy. Maybe some other time. 你真乖. 或许, 改天吧.

ALI: Do you come here a lot? I'm here every afternoon. My father works in that bank. That's my friend, Mr. O'Neill, the ice cream man. 你常常来这里吗? 我每天下午都在这里. 我爸爸就在那个银行里上班, 那位是我的朋友, 欧尼尔先生, 冰淇淋摊贩.

MR.YAMAMOT Here's the bus. Good-bye, Ali. And thank you. 巴士来了, 再见, 阿里, 谢谢你!

MIGUEL: Marta, how did you meet Michael Crawford? 玛它, 你是怎样认识麦可?郭佛的?

MARTA: It's a funny story. One day while I was coming down 88th Street, I tripped and fell. My packages spilled all over the sidewalk. I twisted my ankle, and I couldn't stand up. 说起来真好笑, 有一天我顺着八十八街走的时候, 失足跌倒了, 携带的东西都散落了整个人行道. 我的脚踝扭伤, 简直无法站起来.

MIGUEL: Didn't anyone help you? 没有人帮你吗?

MARTA: A couple was passing by and helped me pick up my groceries. They even carried them home for me. The guy was Michael. 刚好有一对男女走过, 他们帮助我把东西拣起来, 还替我拿回家去, 那个男的就是麦可.