纽约英语口语网新版
密苏里英语口语
第 95 课:Now, everybody's welcome. 现在却是来者不拒.

: Besides, you don't go to a bar to read, do you? 尔且, 人上酒馆不是为了看书, 对不对?

: This is a friendly place. 这是一个亲切的地方.

You can get a beer on your way home from work, find some friends, relax, and forget about your kids, your job, and your mother-in-law. 你可以在下班后喝杯啤酒再回家, 找几个朋友把身心放轻松,把孩子、工作和丈母娘都忘掉.

: Times are changing, but "Joe's" stays the same. 时代在改变, 但是「乔之酒吧」没有变.

: Oh, there's a difference. 哦, 对了, 有一点不同.

: This kind of place used to be "for men only." 这个地方过去是「女宾止步」,

: Now, everybody's welcome. 现在却是来者不拒.

: If your money's good, we're glad to have you. 只要你喝完付帐, 我们就欢迎你来.

: I've been a bartender here for thirty years, and I'm still happy to come to work and see the old mahogany bar. 我在这里当酒保已经三十年, 每天上班, 看到这个老桃木盖成的酒吧,仍然感到开心.

: It still makes me happy to see the liquor bottles beside the old French mirror. 看到这个老式法国镜子旁边的酒瓶, 也仍然感到开心.

: It's not a bad life. 这个日子过得还不坏.

: And, you know, it's funny. 还有我告诉你一件很滑稽的事情, I don't drink." 我从来不喝酒。