纽约英语口语网新版
密苏里英语口语
第 97 课:Then you must visit me again.那你就再来找我。

ALI: No. You have to do something special to be famous. You have to kill a dragon.不,您一定做过什么特别出名的事。您一定杀了一条龙。

MR. YAMAMOT I've never done that. I have seen many and fought with a few. But to my knowledge I haven't killed any yet.我从来没杀过龙。我见的很多,也和人争吵过,但在我的记忆里,还没杀过什么东西。

CUSTOMER: Excuse me, do you have any lettuce?劳驾,您这儿有莴巨吗?

ALI: Wow, have you ever ... ?噢,您……?

Mrs. NIKZAD: Mr. Yamamoto is a busy man. Perhaps Ali, we have already taken too much of his time. 亚玛莫托先生是个忙人。埃利,大概,我们已经打扰了好长时间了。

MR. YAMAMOT [to the customer] I'll be with you in a moment. [对顾客]我马上就给您拿。

[to Ali and his mother] Not at all, Mrs. Nikzad. If I don't have enough time, it is because I am old, not because I am busy. [对埃利和他的母亲]没关系,尼克撒德太太。如果说我的时间不够,那是因为我老了,可不是因为我忙呀!

ALI: I don't understand.我不明白。

MRS NIKZAD: Mr. Yamamoto is very wise. When have lived a little longer, you will understand.亚玛莫托先生说的很对,等你再长大点儿,就会明白的。

ALI: I want to understand now.我现在就想知道。

MR. YAMAMOT Then you must visit me again.那你就再来找我。

ALI: Can I? I mean, may I?我能来吗?我是说,我可以来吗?