纽约英语口语网新版
OFFICE英语口语
第 11 课:你真是心狠手辣

Zina: No, Vince, not next week. Now. You need to guarantee me 5 percent.
不,文斯,下星期不成。我要你现在就保证我能拿百分之五。

Vince: But you just said 4 percent! 但你才刚说过百分之四的!

Zina: If the next word out of your mouth isn't Yes it's going up to 6 percent.
若是下一个从你嘴中冒出来的字不是“好”,就会涨到百分之六了。

Vince: Yes! OK, yes. Stop it! You are just ruthless. 好!好就好吧。别再来了。你真是心狠手辣。

Zina: That's why you love me. One other thing. Did you leave me a note this morning on a green post-it? 所以你才爱我啊。还有件事。你今天有留张绿色便利贴在我桌上吗?

Vince: I don't think so. Mine are yellow. Why? 我想没有吧。我的是黄色的。怎么?

Zina: Never mind. I'm looking for somebody who uses green. 别放在心上。我在找用绿色的人。

Zina: He's been here again. 他又到过这里了。

Dave: Rhumba Boy? What did he write this time? 伦巴男孩?他这次写了什么?
Zina: I am not mean. / Actually, I am quite clean. / Will you be my queen? / Answer me in green, / on your computer screen./ “我不卑鄙。 其实我很干净。汝愿当吾手中玉?用绿色的纸回答我,在你的电脑屏幕上。”

Dave: Are you going to answer him? 你打算回应他吗?

Zina: Yes. don't like your green notes. / They make me see red. / Show your head, / and you'll end up dead. 对。“我不爱你的绿纸条。它们让我气得脸通红。若敢露脸,就要你死。”