纽约英语口语网新版
OFFICE英语口语
第25课: 我们晚点再详谈。

Zina: Dave, there's something I want to talk to you about. 戴夫,我要跟你谈一件事。

Dave: Zina, why are you whispering? 吉娜,你干嘛那么小声?

Zina: I've been talking to WebTracker. I'm thinking of jumping ship. 我一直跟网路搜寻家有联络。我在考虑跳槽。

Dave: What? Are you serious? You'd defect to our archrival!? 什么?你是认真的吗?你要向敌人投诚!?

Zina: Keep your voice down. We'll talk more later. Right now I need to see Vince.
小声点。我们晚点再详谈。我现在得要去找文斯。

Dave: We definitely have to talk, Zina. And watch your back. Elvin is still mad about his nose. 我们一定得聊聊,吉娜。多留点神。艾文还在气他鼻子的那档事。
Zina: OK, but don't tell anyone what I said. 好,不过别把我说的话告诉别人。

Vince: How are Zina's new programmers working out? 吉娜找来新的程序设计师行吗?

Elvin: I hate to admit it, but they're good. And fast. The Filipino kid is a genius. 我不愿意承认,不过他们很行。而且手脚又快。那菲律宾小子是个天才。

Vince: So you'll make the Stars.com deadline, and have us up and running next week? 所以你们能赶上Stars.com给的最后期限,我们下星期就能上线运作?

Elvin: It'll be close, but we'll make it. 时间很紧迫,但我们会赶上的。

Vince: Good. After Stars.com starts paying us, we won't need Vikam's cash anymore. 好。等Stars.com开始付我们钱之后,我们就不再需要“维康”的现金了。

Elvin: And if we don't need them, we won't need Zina, either.
而且若我们不需要他们,我们也就不会需要吉娜了。