纽约英语口语网新版
OFFICE英语口语
第 33 课: 我完全同意!

Mary: That's right. And I'm going to be Vice President of Marketing. 没错。而我将会是行销部的副总裁。

Dave: Way to go, Mary. A lot has happened during the last few months, hasn't it 有一套,玛莉。过去几个月还真发生了不少事,对吧?

Mary: You can say that again! 我完全同意!

Dave: What's up with Vince and Elvin? 文斯跟艾文怎么样?

Mary: They work for Zina now. 他们现在是吉娜的手下。

Dave: And they're happy with that? 那他们心悦诚服吗?

Mary: They're in awe of her. After they saw how she crushed WebTracker...but I guess you know all about that. 他们很敬畏她。在他们目睹她如何搞垮“网路搜寻家”之后......但我想那你全都知道。

Dave: Yeah. You don't need to rub it in. 是啊。不劳你落井下石了。

Mary: And then she made the deal with MicroPower. Vince wanted to sell for fifteen million... 然后她跟“微力”谈妥了条件。文斯本想用一千五百万卖掉的……

Dave: Fifteen? And Zina pushed them up to seventy-five? 一千五百万?而吉娜逼他们出到了七千五百万?

Mary: That's right. Vince still stops by her office every day to thank her. 没错。文斯到现在都还每天经过她的办公室,跟她道谢呢。

Dave: Anyway, I'm still happy I left. I'm working as a freelancer now. 不管怎样,我还是很高兴我离开了。我现在是自由工作者。

Mary: You really should have stayed with us, Dave. 你当初真该留下跟我们一道的,戴夫。