纽约英语口语网新版
OFFICE英语口语
第 9 课:她整个人热力四射

Elvin: She is, like, mega-intense, isn't she? 她整个人热力四射,对吧?

Mary: Ha, she is unstoppable. I'm learning so much from her. 没有事情能挡得住她。我跟她学了好多。

Elvin: What's it like to work with her? 跟她共事是啥感觉?

Mary: She's demanding. But I like that. I mean, I know our timeline is tight.
她的要求很高。但我喜欢那样。我是说,我知道我们的时间很紧。

Elvin: Tell me about it. 这还用说。

Mary: You guys are working around the clock, I know. That guy Dave next to Zina never leaves. 我知道你们都在二十四小时赶工。那个坐在吉娜隔壁叫戴夫的人从没离开过。

Elvin: Vince wants us to have everything debugged and ready to go by the end of the month. 文斯要我们把程序错误全部修正,准备在月底前上线。

Mary: Is it true that one of our competitors is planning to launch their tracking service next month? 听说我们有个竞争对手打算下个月推出监测流量的服务,这是真的还是假的?

Elvin: That would be WebTracker. We're heard they're almost ready. That's why we have to finish first. 你说的是“网路搜寻家”。听说他们几乎准备好了。所以我们得要抢先完成。

Mary: Or they'll take over the market before we even get started. 否则在我们还没来得及开始之前,他们就会占去整个市场。

Elvin: Right. And that would be a total giga-bummer. 没错。到时就一败涂地了。

Mary: I guess we'd better get back to work. 我猜我们最好赶快回去工作吧。