纽约英语口语网新版
皇后英语口语
第 22 课: The water's too hot! 水太烫啦!

Lily: Mom!??? 妈!???

Mom: I know, sweetie. Just open wide. Don't talk. [takes temperature] 亲爱的,我知道。嘴张大。别说话。(量体温)

Lily: [Mumbling] Mmm... (嘟哝)嗯……

Mom: [Takes thermometer out] Oh, you've got a fever. One-oh-one...time to break out the children's Tylenol. (取出温度计)喔,你发烧了。一○一度……该把儿童感冒药找出来了。

Lily: I have the chills. Can you turn on the heater? 我好冷。你可以把暖气打开吗?

Mom: We're not turning on the heater in May! You need to take a bath. We'll heat you up and see if you can sweat this thing out. 五月没人在开暖气!你需要泡个澡。我们来让你觉得热一点,看你能不能流流汗就好了。

Lily: Ouch! The water's too hot! 哎唷!水太烫啦!

Mom: Get in slowly, sweetie. You'll get used to it. I'm going to go and make you some chicken soup. 亲爱的,慢慢泡进去。你会习惯这个温度的。我去帮你煮些鸡汤。

Lily: I'm not hungry, Mom. 妈,我不饿。

Mom: I know you don't have an appetite, but you need to eat something. You'll get too weak if you don't eat. 我知道你没胃口,但你需要吃点东西。不吃东西会没有体力。

Lily: [A few minutes later] Ohh...I'm sweating already. It's so hot. I can feel it boiling! Can I get out yet? (几分钟之后)喔……我已经流汗了。水好烫。我觉得水在沸腾!我可以出来了没?

Mom: That's a good sign. But just soak a little longer, OK?. 这是个不错的征兆。但再多泡一下,好吗?