纽约英语口语网新版
皇后英语口语
第 44 课: He asked me out to dinner. 他约我出去吃晚餐。

Yi-jun: I saw Gimi the other day. He wanted me to give you these. [hands photos to Holly] 前几天看到吉米。他要我给你这些。(递照片给荷莉)

Holly: He took these when he was sitting in that tree. That's not something a normal person does, Yi-jun. 这些是他坐在树上的时候拍的。那可不是正常人会做的事,怡君。

Yi-jun: We've been through this before. It's just Gimi's style. He feels more
comfortable taking photos from that angle. 我们之前就讨论过这个了。那就是吉米的风格。他用那种角度摄影会比较自在。

Holly: I know. But it makes me feel shy around him. [looking at photos] Wow, these are really good. 我知道。但是这让我一靠近他就会害羞。(看照片)哇,照得真不错。

Yi-jun: You know, I think Gimi likes you. 我想吉米喜欢你。

Holly: He asked me out to dinner. 他约我出去吃晚餐。

Yi-jun:Just you? What about me? That's a date. Gimi never dates. 只约你?那我呢?那是约会耶。吉米从没约会过。

Holly: Level with me, Yi-jun... is he all there? I mean, he acts so strange. 老实跟我说,怡君……他脑袋正常吗?我的意思是,他的举止好怪。

Yi-jun:He's as normal as any artist can be. He's a really good guy. 他和任何一个艺术家一样正常。他是一个很好的男人。

Holly: I just feel a little uncomfortable being alone with him. Will you come with me? 我只是觉得跟他单独相处,有一点不太自在。你要陪我去吗?

Yi-jun:I'm busy. But, I tell you what, let's invite him to Monday's Labor Day cookout! 我很忙。不过,这么吧,我们就邀请他星期一来参加劳动节的野餐!

Holly: Uh...I don't know. All our friends will be there! [thinking] Maybe Taylor's free Wednesday. 嗯……我不知道。我们全部的朋友都会在那!(思索)或许泰勒星期三有空。