纽约英语口语网新版
皇后英语口语
第 5 课: That was pretty fun, eh? 很有趣吧?

A: That trip to Toronto was really exciting! 多伦多的旅游行程真是刺激!

B: Yeah. That was pretty fun, eh? 是啊,很有趣吧?

A: Tons of fun! But tell me...why do you and other Canadians keep saying "eh? "挺有趣的!但我想问……为什么你和其它加拿大人一直在说‘吧’?

B: We're just acting Canadian. "Eh" invites the listener to agree or disagree with what was said. 我们加拿大人就是这样啊。‘吧’是在邀请听话者表示同意或不同意自己刚刚说的话。

A: Let me try. OK, uh...Canada's a really big country...eh? 让我试试。好,嗯……加拿大真是一个辽阔的国家……吧?

B: Hey! Not bad, not bad! You catch on quickly. 嘿!不错,不错!你学得真快!

A: What's that awful noise upstairs? 楼上是什么声音那么吵啊?

B: It woke me up at five o'clock in the morning. 我早上五点就被吵醒了。

A: It sounds like they're tearing the walls down up there. 楼上听起来像是在拆房子似的。

B: I think they are, literally. It sounds like they're renovating. 我想他们是在拆房子,就跟你说的一样。听起来他们好像在装修。

A: That's all fine and good, but can't they do it during decent hours? 装修是没关系,可是他们不能在比较适当的时间做吗?

B: They don't realize that not everyone gets up before the crack of dawn. 他们根本没考虑到不是人人都一大清早就起床。

A: And today's Sunday!!! I'm going up there to set them straight. 而且今天是星期天啊!!!我要上去制止他们!