纽约英语口语网新版
皇后英语口语
第 7 课: Neither do we. 我们也没办法睡。

B: Well hi, Mrs. Wang. How are you? 嗨,王太太。你好吗?

D: We're really busy trying to get the house done. We hardly get any sleep. 我们忙着要把房子弄好。几乎都没睡觉。

B: Neither do we. 我们也没办法睡。

D: I apologize for the ruckus. That's why I made these to try to make up for it. 我要为这些噪音道歉。所以我做了这些想要补偿。

B: Oh! Homemade cookies! That's so thoughtful of you. You didn't have to do that. 喔!自己做的饼干!你真是太周到了。你不用这么费心。

D: I wanted to. We don't want to make a bad impression. 我自愿的。我们可不想留下坏印象。

B: Oh, don't be silly. Thanks so much. Good luck with the renovations. 喔,别傻了。多谢啦。祝你们装修顺利。

A: Are they still pounding and hammering up there? 他们还在上面敲敲打打吗?

B: Not today. Mrs. Wang came over and brought cookies. It was a nice gesture. 今天没有。王太太带了些饼干过来。那是善意的表示。

A: You're such a pushover. I've had it up to here! Their dog just peed on our plants! 你真是好骗。我已经受够了!他们家的狗刚刚在我们的盆栽上尿尿!

B: Really? I was upset because their car was parked in our spot. 真的?我才在因为他们把车停在我们的位置而不高兴呢。

A: It's a good thing it's not there now, or I would have keyed their car! 还好那辆车现在不在了,不然我就会拿钥匙刮他们的车了!

B: Calm down, honey. Maybe we should just move. They've lived here for so long. 冷静点,亲爱的。也许我们该搬家。他们在这儿住好久了。