纽约英语口语网新版
皇后英语口语
第 71 课: Look, it's starting! 快看,开始了!

Stuart: Let's skip The X-files tonight, Fran. Okay? Just this once? 法兰,我们今天晚上跳过《X档案》不看好不好?就这么一次啦?

Fran: Let me guess. You want to watch the History Channel again! 我来猜猜看。你又想要看历史频道了吧!

Stuart: How did you know! There's a program on ancient Egypt tonight. 你怎么知道!今天晚上有个关于古埃及的节目。

Fran: Well, I guess I could tape The X-files and watch it later... 好吧,那我就把《X档案》录起来,晚点再看好了……

Stuart: Look, it's starting! 快看,开始了!

Fran: Mysteries of the Pyramids. Didn't we watch this program last week? 《金字塔之谜》。这我们上礼拜不是看过了吗?

Stuart: What's wrong? You don't like ancient Egypt? 不好吗?难道你不喜欢古埃及?

Fran: Actually, I don't like history. Lately, these shows are always about the
Pyramids. 事实上,我不喜欢历史。而且最近这类节目全部都和金字塔有关。

Stuart: The Pyramids are amazing! Millions of gigantic stones... each one perfect... 金字塔很不可思议啊!有数百万块巨石……每块都那么完美……

Fran: And nobody knows who built them, right? It's a total mystery! 但没人知道是谁盖的,对吧?这是一个大谜团!

Stuart: You sound like the TV! You're not going to tell me that aliens built the
Pyramids, are you? 你说的就跟电视里一样!该不会你接下来就要告诉我,金字塔是外星人盖的吧 ?

Fran: Well, humans could never make something like that. 人类永远都不可能盖出像那样的东西。

Stuart: Those poor Egyptians slaves worked so hard and you want to give aliens all the credit! 这些可怜的埃及奴隶做牛做马,而你却把功劳全算在外星人头上。

Fran: Be a little more open-minded, Stu! Don't believe everything you read in your history books! 放开心胸点,老史。你不必尽信历史书上读到的每样东西。

Stuart: OK, but don't believe everything you see on The X-files, either! 好吧,但你也别尽信在《X档案》上看到的内容!

Fran: Speaking of The X-files, it's on right now! Let me watch a little bit. 说到《X档案》,它现在开始了!让我看一下……

Stuart: Oh, brother... 喔,不要吧……