纽约英语口语网新版
皇后英语口语
第 72 课: Cool! Flashy red lines! 酷喔!红色条纹够炫!

Fran: Look, the aliens are sending a message to Mulder. This rocks! 你看,外星人正要把信息传递给穆德。太帅了!

Stuart: [pager beeps] Whoops. That's my pager. I had to get it for work. (呼叫器响起)糟糕。抱歉,是我的呼叫器。这是为了工作佩的。

Fran: YOU have a pager?! That's a little high-tech for you, Stu. Are you sure you know how to use it? 你有呼叫器?!这对你来说高科技了点吧,老史。你确定知道如何使用它吗?

Stuart: Well, I know how to turn it off! [pager beeps again] 嗯,我知道如何关机!(呼叫器再度响起)

Fran: No, you don't! It's still beeping! Come on, hand it over and I'll turn it off for you. 不,你根本不会关!它还在响啊!得了,拿来,我来帮你关。

Fran: All right, let's see who's ruining my TV time. 好吧,我来看看是谁在破坏我的电视时间。

Stuart: What are you going to do? Call my boss and chew him out? 你在干嘛啦?难道你要打给我老板,然后臭骂他一顿吗?

Fran: Is your boss named Vic? Your pager says, "This is Vic. Here I come!" 你的老板叫维克吗?你的呼叫器上面说“我是维克。我来了!”

Stuart: Impossible. My pager is really old. It doesn't display messages. 不可能。我的呼叫器款式很老。不会显示信息。

Fran: Here, see for yourself. That's really strange! It's almost the same as when I... 拿去,自己瞧瞧。这真的很奇怪!几乎和我当时一样……

Stuart: Gosh, you're right! It's from some guy named "Vic." I wonder who he is... 天啊,你说对了!真的是个叫“维克”的家伙传来的。真想知道这个人到底是谁……

Billy: I'm so glad I bought this watch! 真高兴我买了这只表!

Jennifer: Cool! Flashy red lines! 酷喔!红色条纹够炫!

Billy: I think this is the coolest watch I've ever owned. 这是我所有表里最酷的。

Jennifer: Is it waterproof? 防水吗?

Billy: Isn't that a silly question? You know how much of an athlete I am. 这问题真够蠢的!你知道我是个十足的运动健将。

Jennifer: Uh, huh...so what kind of sports do you need a waterproof watch for? 呃……那你做哪种运动需要戴防水表啊?

Billy: Well, surfing, scuba diving... 好比冲浪啊、潜水……