纽约英语口语网新版
皇后英语口语
第 83 课: You sneak! 你这狡猾的人!

Mary: What's that? 那是什么啊?

Joe: It's a surprise! 是一个惊喜喔!

Mary: For me? 给我的吗?

Joe: Yes. Let's go inside and you can open it up. 没错。我们先进去,你才能打开它。

Mary: Wow! It's big! What could it be? 哇!好大啊!这会是什么呢?

Joe: I'll give you two clues. First, it cost more than $250. And second, it's not big, but fat. 我给你两个提示。第一,它价值超过两百五十元美金。第二个,它不大,但很肥!

Mary: What does that mean, not big but fat? You didn't buy... 这是什么意思,不大但很肥?你该不会是买……

Mary: My Buddha!! It's beautiful! But I thought you were afraid? 我的佛像!!它好漂亮!但我还以为你会害怕?

Joe: Actually, I was watching your auction all along. I saw you drop out at $250. 事实上,我自始至终一直在注意你的竞标。我看到你在两百五十元就放弃了。

Mary: You sneak! 你这狡猾的人!

Joe: I watched buddhabuyer go up to $315. I waited until the very last minute and then I jumped in at $325! I sniped him! 我看到佛像买家出到三百一十五元。我就等到最后一分钟跳出来出价三百二十五元!我偷袭他!

Mary: But that's a lot of money! Honey! 但那也是笔大钱啊!亲爱的!

Billy: I'm the coolest high-tech stud around... 我是本地最炫的高科技酷哥……

Jennifer: Why? Do you have a robot girlfriend? 为什么?难道你有了机器人女友?

Billy: Not yet...I got an MP3 player and a set of stereo headphones. 还没……我有个MP3随身听,还有一付立体声耳机。

Jennifer: So you can download MP3 music from the Net and record it onto the MP3 chip? 所以你可以从网络上下载MP3音乐,并录在你的MP3卡里?

Billy: Yep! And take it with me anywhere! And the music is free! 没错!还可以带着它到处走!音乐还是免费的哩!

Jennifer: Let me see it! It's so small! 让我瞧瞧!它好小啊!