纽约英语口语网新版
士丹利英语口语
第 10 课: The decision is so hard. 好难做决定。

Seth: You're right. Who knows, maybe by next year's party I'll be a father. 你说的没错。谁说得准呢,也许在明年的派对,我已经当爸爸了。

Whitney: Then our kids could play together. 那我们的小孩就可以一起玩。

Seth: Yeah. Speaking of which, who are the lucky godparents? 对呀。说到这个,谁是可以成为教父和教母的幸运儿?

Whitney: You're all so special to me. The decision is so hard. 你们对我来说都很重要。好难做决定。

Seth: Why don't we all just be godparents? 何不让我们全都成为教父、教母?

Whitney: That would be great. The more gifts, the better. 那太好了。礼物越多越好。

Seth: Until we've got kids of our own, we'll spoil yours rotten! 在我们有自己的小孩之前,你的小孩会被我们宠坏!

Ron: We'll take him or her to Leofoo Village to ride the roller coasters. 我们可以带宝宝去六福村玩云霄飞车。

Seth: That'll be a couple of years away, Ron. 朗,那还要好几年以后。

Ron: Remember when we went last year? That was a blast. 还记得我们去年那次去玩吗?真是棒呆了。

Seth: A blast? Jen got sick and barfed all over my jacket! 好玩?阿花还吐得我整件夹克都是!

Ron: You're the one who wanted to sit next to her after we fed her the pig's blood. 我们给她吃猪血后,是你自己要坐在她旁边的。

Wei: Hey! That was easy to cross the border! I just showed my passport and you guys showed I.D. 嘿!穿越边界还真容易!我只要秀我的护照,而你们只要出示身分证就好。

Trev: Well, it isn't always that easy--especially since September 11th. 其实,并不都是那么容易啦——尤其九一一之后。

Wei: Why is that? 为什么会那样?

Trev: The border guards have been told to strip-search people. 上面要求边界保警把人脱光搜身。

Wei: Why didn't we get searched then? 那为什么我们没被检查?

Trev: They can't search everyone--over half a million people travel between the two countries every day! 他们没办法搜查每个人——每天有五十几万人往返两国之间!