纽约英语口语网新版
士丹利英语口语
第 25 课: Oh, brother! 天啊!

John: Have your sleek new ears made a world of difference? 你那对有人缘的新耳朵有用吗?

Amy: Not exactly. All they've gotten me is a secretary job. 不太管用。它们只帮我找到一个秘书的工作。

John: Hey, at least that's in an office. That's a step in the right direction. 嘿,至少是坐办公室的。那是朝正确方向迈进的一步。

Amy: Maybe. My fortuneteller says I need a full body tuck if I really want to succeed. 也许吧。我的算命师说,如果我真的想成功,我需要全身拉皮。

John: I bet your fortuneteller gets commissions from Doctor Dave and the credit card companies. He must be making a fortune off of you! 我敢说你的算命师一定有跟戴夫医生和信用卡公司收佣金。他一定从你身上赚了不少!

Amy: Well, I wish he'd tell me where to get the money for this operation. I'm at my wit's end. 嗯,希望他能告诉我去哪筹手术的钱。我已经黔驴技穷了。

John: Maybe Doctor Dave needs a new girlfriend. You'd get free plastic surgery. 也许戴夫医生需要个新女友。你就可以有免费的整形手术。

Amy: Hey, that idea's not half bad! He's really cute. 嘿,那主意真不赖!他真的蛮可爱的。

John: He's probably even rich, too. So, he can cover your expensive tastes. 他也许还很有钱。那他就可以满足你昂贵的品味了。

Amy: And with a face like this, how could he refuse me! I just need to buy the right outfit... 就凭这张脸蛋,他怎么拒绝得了我!我只需去买合适的衣服……

John: Oh, brother! 天啊!

Granny: Faye! Why is this bathroom light still on??? 菲菲!厕所的灯为什么还亮着???

Faye: I just went to the bathroom. 我刚刚进去过。

Granny: Are you in the bathroom now? 你现在还在厕所里吗?

Faye: No. I was only in there a few seconds. 没有。我只有在里面待几秒钟而已。

Granny: Then why is the light still on, young lady? 那么为什么灯还是亮着的,小姑娘?

Faye: Because I'm going back in there soon? 因为我马上要再进去?

Granny: Wrong answer, and you know why! I've told you time and time again... 答错了,你知道原因的!我已经告诉你多少次了……