纽约英语口语网新版
士丹利英语口语
第 32 课: Is that a rule? 那是规矩吗?

Basil: You're welcome to come. I hope you're not hungry, 'cuz we have to wait 'til dad gets home before we can eat. 欢迎你来玩。希望你不会太饿,因为我们得等爸爸到家才能吃饭。

Jade: Is that a rule? 那是规矩吗?

Basil: Yep. Greek families always eat together. But don't worry. Greek moms will stuff you silly. 是的。希腊家庭总是聚在一起吃饭。不过别担心,希腊妈妈总是会把你喂得饱饱地。

Jade: Maybe I should go Greek dancing after dinner then. 也许我晚餐后该去跳个希腊舞蹈。

Basil: Sure, if you can move! 当然行,如果你还动得了。

Jade: This is absolutely wonderful! I'm so glad I stayed. What is this called? 这真是太棒了!我真庆幸我留下来了。这叫什么?

Rula: That's called Moussaka. It's like lasagna, but made with lamb and eggplants. 这叫慕沙卡。类似千层面,不过是用羔羊肉及茄子做的。

Jade: And how do I eat this bread? 我要怎么吃这种面包?

Rula: It's called pita bread. You use your fingers and dip it into the Tzatziki sauce. 这叫口袋饼。用手拿、沾着黄瓜优格酱吃。

Jade: Mmm. That's really yummy. There must be lots of garlic in it. 嗯。真是好吃。这酱料里面一定加了一大堆大蒜。

Rula: Raw garlic, cucumbers, and yogurt. But don't worry. We'll all eat it, so no one will notice what it does to your breath. 生大蒜、小黄瓜、以及优格。不过别担心。我们大家都会吃,所以没人会注意你的嘴巴变成什么味道。

Nikos: I'd like to make a toast to our new guest--that she may enjoy her first Greek meal! 我想向我们的新客人敬酒——祝她会喜欢她的第一顿希腊大餐!

Jade: Thank you so much. [Rula brings out more food] Oh! There's more? 谢谢你们。(露拉拿出更多食物)喔!还有啊?

Nikos: These are grape leaves, stuffed with rice and lamb. I grew up on these. 这些是葡萄叶,塞了米饭和羊肉。我就是吃这个长大的。

Jade: It's like Greek sushi! Very delicious. [points at another dish] And these look like little pizza slices! 这好像希腊式的寿司!超好吃。(指着另一道菜)而这些看起来像小的比萨片!

Nikos: That's Spanakopita. Filo triangles with spinach and feta cheese. 那是菠菜派。三角形的薄派皮加了菠菜和羊奶酪。

Jade: I think I'm in heaven! 我觉得我像是在天堂!