纽约英语口语网新版
士丹利英语口语
第 4 课: It's for the rest of your life, baby. 这可是攸关下半辈子的人生

Bryan: It is. It's for the rest of your life, baby. 的确是。这可是攸关下半辈子的人生,宝贝。

Yi-jun: What are they doing now? 他们在干嘛?

Bryan: They're exchanging vows they themselves wrote. A lot of couples do that nowadays. 他们在交换自己写的誓言。现在很多新人都会这么做。

Yi-jun: What they're saying is so beautiful. I think I'm going... [starts crying] 他们说的话都好动人。我想我快要……(开始哭)

Bryan: Hey, we had a deal! No tears! Aw, now you're getting me started, too. [crying] 嘿,我们之前说好的!不可以掉泪!唷,现在你害我也跟着开始了。(哭)

Minister: Please exchange your rings. Now, by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride. 请交换你们的戒指。现在,藉由我所被赋予的权力,我现在宣布你们成为夫妻。你可以亲吻新娘了。

Holly: Wasn't the ceremony just beautiful? It took Cath hours to get dressed. 结婚典礼真美,不是吗?卡西可花了好几小时打扮。

Yi-jun: Mm-hmm. Why did it take so long? Did she forget something? 嗯。为什么要那么久?她忘了什么吗?

Holly: Well, she had the something new, something borrowed, and something blue... 呃,她有了一些新的、一些借的、一些蓝色的……

Yi-jun: But no something old? I didn't know people really followed that saying. 但缺少一些旧的吗?我不知道大家真的会遵守那个说法。

Holly: They do. And then Rich almost walked in to get Cath because she took so long. 大家都会啊。然后李奇差点就跑进来找卡西,因为她耗太久了。

Yi-jun: Oh, would that have been a disaster or what! 喔,他要是真的跑进去,不就惨了!

Yi-jun: Are you all prepared for your big speech, Taylor? 你准备好你的伟大演说了吗,泰勒?

Taylor: [Whispering] No, I think I lost my voice. I have a fever, too. (轻声)不,我想我失声了。我也发烧了。

Yi-jun: Hah! You're just faking it to get out of your toast. 哈!你只是装病想逃掉你的敬酒致词。

Taylor: [Whispering] Do you have any aspirin? Or maybe a pain-killer or two? (轻声)你们有阿司匹林吗?或者一、两颗止痛药?

Yi-jun: Here's some tablets. But don't drink alcohol after you're taking them. Hey, it looks like people are sitting down for dinner. 这有几颗药片。但是吃下之后不要喝酒。嘿,看来大家要坐下来吃晚宴了。

Taylor: [Whispering] Gotta go! Wish me luck! [swallows the pills] (轻声)得闪了!祝我好运吧!(吞下药丸)