纽约英语口语网新版
士丹利英语口语
第 46 课: Did you see that sign? 你们有看到那个标志吗?

Yi-jun: That's good to know. We'll watch for crazy drivers. 多亏你提醒。我们会当心疯狂驾驶的。

Holly: [Walking over] Hey, guys. Ready for a pick-up game of touch football? (走过来)你们好啊。想要玩触身式美式足球游戏吗?

Yi-jun: Football? Sounds dangerous. Maybe I'll just be a cheerleader. 美式足球?听来很危险。或许我当个拉拉队就好了。

Holly: C'mon, Yi-jun. It's lots of fun. You've seen football played on TV. 拜托,怡君。这超好玩。你都看过电视播的美式足球了。

Yi-jun: Uh, yeah. And I've seen guys in pads tackled. We have no pads. I don't want to be tackled. 嗯,是啦。而且我也看到穿护具的男生被扑倒。我们没有护具。我不想被扑倒。

Holly: There's barely any contact in touch football. People just tag you to stop the play. 在触身式美式足球赛当中,很少会有身体碰触。大家只会用手碰你,来阻止进攻。

Yi-jun: OK, but they better tag lightly! 好吧,但是他们最好碰轻一点!

Paul: Hey, guys! Did you see that sign? 嘿,各位!你们有看到那个标志吗?

Wei: No. What did it say? 没有。上面写什么?

Paul: There's a garage sale around the corner. 附近有个车库拍卖。

Wei: A garage sale...that's where people check out cars, right? 车库拍卖……那是人们看车的地方,对吗?

Paul: [Laughing] What? Cars? Are you serious? (笑)啥?车子?你是当真吗?

Wei: I'm pulling your leg, Paul. I'm a shopping queen, remember? So of course I know what a garage sale is all about! 我跟你开玩笑的,保罗。我是购物女王,记得吗﹖我当然知道车库拍卖是什么玩意!