纽约英语口语网新版
士丹利英语口语
第 52 课: Glad you came out to visit! 真高与你来这里玩!

Nikki: Hey, Wen! Welcome to D.C.! Glad you came out to visit! 嗨,小雯!欢迎来到哥伦比亚特区!真高与你来这里玩!

Wen: Thanks for inviting me. Actually, I've never been anywhere with so many black people before. It's different. 谢谢你邀请我来。老实说,我从没到过黑人这么多的地方!感觉截然不同。

Nikki: Howard is eighty percent black. But there are whites, and even Asians here. Thankfully, it's also coed. 哈沃德有八成的学生是黑人。但这里也有白人,甚至亚洲人。值得庆幸的是,它也是男女合校。

Wen: Great! Is your dorm coed, too? 真棒!你的宿舍也是男女合宿吗?

Nikki: Sorry, nope. But the Alpha Phi Alpha's are throwing a party tonight. 抱歉,不是。ΑΦΑ兄弟会今晚有派对。

Wen: That's a black fraternity, right? So we should see some dancing! 那是个黑人的兄弟会,对吗?那我们应该可以见识一些舞技了!

Nikki: Here's some dancing. [pointing to a group of guys] See those guys stomping, clapping and shouting? They're practicing step dancing. 你现在就可以见识一些舞技了。(指着一群人)看到那些在踏步、拍手、叫喊的人吗?他们在练习step dancing。

Wen: It sounds cool. The rhythms look really difficult. 听起来很酷。这些节奏看起来好难。

Nikki: They basically turn their bodies into drums. There's a national step competition every year. 基本上,他们把身体当成鼓。每年还有step dancing全国大赛喔。

Wen: Well, black people are supposed to be great dancers. 黑人本来就很会跳舞。

Nikki: Wen! That's only a stereotype. Like all Asians are supposed to be math geniuses. I'm not a great dancer, and you said you failed calculus. 小雯!那只是刻板印象。就像亚洲人都应该是数学天才似的。我不是个很会跳舞的人,而你也说过你的微积分被当!

Wen: Ha-ha! You got me there! 哈哈!我都没头绪了!