纽约英语口语网新版
士丹利英语口语
第 57 课: How did you get it? 你怎么取得的?

Salesman: [Walking over] Do you like that vintage clock? It's almost fifty years old. (走上前)你喜欢那个古董钟吗?它已经快五十岁了。

Paul: Really? It almost looks brand new. And the color designs are so retro. 真的?看起来跟新的一样。而且这配色好复古。

Salesman: Well, in the fifties, that clock used to be inside a drive-in burger joint. 呃,在五○年代,那个钟曾放在停车场汉堡店里。

Paul: No way! My parents used to hang out at those places. 不会吧!我爸妈从前常在那种地方约会。

Salesman: This is one of my favorite items. 这是我最喜欢的搜藏品之一。

Paul: How did you get it? 你怎么取得的?

Salesman: I found it at a garage sale once. 有一次我在一个车库拍卖找到的。

Paul: What a find! So, how much does it cost? 真是挖到宝了!那你要卖多少?

Salesman: Well, because I like you... ninety bucks. 嗯。因为我跟你投缘……九十元好了。

Paul: Ninety dollars is pretty steep. I'll take it for sixty bucks. 九十元太贵了。我出六十元。

Salesman: Sixty bucks? No-can-do, son. You'll be lucky if I go down to eighty-five. 六十元?不行,年轻人。我降到八十五元你就要偷笑了。

Paul: Eighty-five? That's the best you can do? I'll come back later... 八十五元?你只能降这么多吗?我待会再来……