纽约英语口语网新版
士丹利英语口语
第 8 课: Actually, we broke up. 其实,我们分手了。

Seth: No way! You! A civil servant! That's not like you! 不会吧!你!当公务员!不像你啊!

Ron: Hey, we're not getting any younger here. I finally realized that the make-it-rich thing isn't written in my stars. 嘿!在座的每一位年纪都不小了。我终于明白我没有发大财的命。

Seth: Oh, no. You're thinking stability...I'm really scared now. Pressure. 糟糕。你在想要稳定了……我现在真的害怕了。压力呀。

Ron: And what about you? Saved up enough cash to marry Mandy when she gets back from L.A.? 那你呢?已经存足够了钱,好在曼蒂从洛杉矶回来时娶她吗?

Seth: Actually, we broke up. 其实,我们分手了。

Ron: I had a hunch that was gonna happen. I'm really sorry, Seth. 我早有预感那会发生。我很遗憾,赛斯。

Seth: It's OK. I was just too naive. I thought I could hack the long distance thing. 没关系。是我太天真。我以为我可以克服远距爱情。

Whitney: I warned you, sweetie. It's just too hard. That's why I'm in Kaohsiung. 我警告过你,亲爱的。那实在太困难了。所以我才待在高雄。

Seth: I went to L.A. and took her to Vegas. That's where I jokingly popped the
question. 我去过洛杉矶,还带她去赌城。我就是在那里开玩笑地跟她求婚。

Whitney: That's so romantic, Seth. But I'm guessing you were only half-joking. 赛斯,那真是浪漫。不过我想你还是有点认真的吧。

Seth: Yep. But her reaction shocked me. She got really cold. Then I knew. 是呀。但是她的反应让我很吃惊。她好冷漠。那时候我就知道了。

Whitney: Was there someone else? 是有第三者吗?

Jennifer: She was madly in love with you! She followed you around like a puppy! 她曾经那么疯狂地爱你!像只小狗似地跟进跟出的!

Seth: And treated me like a king, until she moved to Irvine with all those "nice" ABCs. 还把我当老爷一样服侍,直到她去尔湾,跟那些‘好的不得了’的ABC在一起为止。

Jennifer: Kinda made you realize you should have treated her better? 让你开始觉得当初应该对她好一点?

Seth: I guess so. Those guys are all so buff, clean-cut and out-going. 我想是吧。那些男孩体格很好、打扮有型、个性又外向。

Jennifer: No wonder you've become a muscle man. Just don't get carried away with your image. 难怪你现在变成一个肌肉男。可别变得太在意外表。

Seth: Don't worry. I'm not the cocky guy I was a year ago. I've learned my lesson. 别担心。我已经不是一年前那个自大狂了。我已学到了教训。