纽约英语口语网新版
生活英语口语
第 25 课:Household Goods Shopping 购买日常用品- 3

B: Well, maybe we could get it now and hide it until his birthday.噢,或许我们可以现在就买下藏起来到他生日的时候。

A: Yeah, it’s a couple weeks away, and we don’t have anything yet.好的,还有几个星期,可是我们还什么都没有买。

B: Don’t buy him underwear again. He hates that.别给他买底裤了,他讨厌你给他买。

A: I know, I know, but if I didn’t buy it for him, he’d never buy it.我知道,我知道。可是如果我不给他买的话,他自己是永远也不会买的。

B: See anything else we need there? 我们还要买其他的吗?

A: Well, all shoes are 20 percent off.噢,所有的鞋都是打8折。

B: Shoes? You already have a closet full of shoes.鞋?你已经满满一鞋柜了。

A: I know, but another pair can’t hurt.我知道,但是再买一双也没什么嘛.

B: Oh, all right. I need some new shirts, too. Let’s go after breakfast.噢,好吧。我也需要买一些新的衬衣,我们吃完早餐就去吧。

Bargaining is not common in the United States, but sales are. Stores offer discounts on their merchandise during sales. 讨价还价的情况在美国不多见,可是打折出售倒很普遍。商家在销售期间给予货品一些折扣。

They hope to bring in more customers, and clear out merchandise that hasn’t sold by offering discounts. 他们希望通过这样可以吸引更多的顾客,同时清除未卖出的商品。

People watch for sales carefully to save money on things they need. 留意商品打折的顾客会很仔细,以此在他们要买的商品上可以节省一些钱。

Every store will offer a discount on it’s merchandise at some point, so it’s just a matter of waiting until the item you want goes on sale. 每一家商铺都会给与其商品一定数量的折扣,所以要等到你想要的商品打折只是时间的问题。

The Going-Out-of-Business Sale is, perhaps, the sale where one can get the biggest discounts. “停业销货”可能是顾客可以获得的最大的折扣。

When stores are closing for good, they try to get any price for their merchandise. This means you can often get discounts of up to 90%. 当商家因为利益原因关门停业时,产品会以任何价格出售。这意味着你可以获得低至1折的商品。