纽约英语口语网新版
温哥华英语口语
第 144 课:You're very modest. 你真谦虚。

LINDA: The Stamford Gazette. 《斯坦福德公报》。

STEVEN: Let me find it. 让我来找一下。

STEVEN: OK. . . Here it is. 好了......在这儿。

LINDA: Well. . . Come on. . . Let's hear it. 噢...... 快点儿...... 让我们听听。

STEVEN: "If you like suspense, don't miss ‘Murder at Midnight. ’This new mystery show is one of the ten best of the season. " “ 如果你喜欢悬念, 就不要错过《午夜凶杀》。这部新的悬念剧是这个季度十佳电视剧之一。”

AMY: Wow! These newspaper reviews are wonderful. 哇, 这些评论太好了。

JEFF: I guess so. 我也是这么想的。

AMY: Did you know that you act brilliantly? 你知道, 你表演得很精彩吗?

JEFF: Does it really say that? 评论上真这么说吗?

AMY: Yes. And here . . . "Jeff Bennett moves smoothly into his first big role. He is perfect as the sensitive but strong reporter. " 是的, 看这儿......“ 杰夫.班纳特很自然地融入了他的首次领衔主演的角色中。他把一个敏感而又言词犀利的记者演得完美无缺。”

JEFF: ". . . He is beautifully directed by Steven Winn. " “......他得到了史蒂文. 韦恩出色的指导。”

AMY: ". . . And nicely supported by veteran actress Mary Beth Adams. “......并且他得到了经验丰富的女演员玛丽.贝思.亚当斯的有力配合。”

JEFF: I'm nicely supported by Mary Beth? No, She's the star of the show. I was supporting her. 我得到了玛丽.贝思的有力配合? 不, 她是这部剧中的主角, 我只是个配角。

AMY: You're very modest. 你真谦虚。

JEFF: Well, not really. I'm just telling the truth. 噢, 不, 我说的是事实。