纽约英语口语网新版
温哥华英语口语
第 164 课:Turn it to the left. 把它扳到左边。

STEVEN: Leave it on. I want to see the credits. 让它开着吧。我想看一下演职员表。

MIKE: No. I want to talk. We've seen enough credits. 不, 我想聊天, 我们已经看够了演职员表。

RITA: Why don't we turn on the picture and turn off the sound? You can watch the credits, and we can talk. How does this work? 为什么我们不打开画面而关掉声音呢? 你看演职员表, 我们聊天, 这个开关怎么用的?

MIKE: Turn it to the left. 把它扳到左边。

RITA: It went off. 它停了。

MIKE: Oh. Pull it out first. That turns on the picture. Then turn it to the left. That turns down the sound. 噢, 先把它拉出来, 这样就打开了画面, 然后扳到左边, 这样就关小了声音。

LINDA: Why didn't Mary Beth come? 为什么玛丽.贝思没来?

MIKE: I offered to pick her up in my car, but she didn't want to watch the show here. 我要用车接她, 但她不愿意在这儿看这部电视剧。

STEVEN: I understand how she feels. It's embarrassing to watch yourself with a crowd. 我理解她是什么感觉。和一群人一起看自己演的电视剧令人觉得不好意思。

RITA: Oh, speak for yourself. I don't think she was embarrassed to see herself. I think she wanted to watch it with her husband and children. 噢, 那是你自己的想法。我想她不是不好意思看到她自己, 她是想和他的丈夫和孩子们一起看。

LINDA: Excuse me. I have to step out for a minute. 对不起, 我得出去一会儿。

JEFF: I can't believe that was the last show of the season. 我简直不敢相信这是本季度最佳的电视剧。

MIKE: Steven, congratulations to you. 史蒂文, 祝贺你。

STEVEN: Thanks, Mike, but I didn't do it myself. We should all pat ourselves on the back for a great job. 谢谢, 迈克。但这个节目不是我自己做出来的。我们大家都该为这项杰出的工作而感到自豪。

RITA: Yeah. I looked at myself in the mirror this morning and I said, "Rita, you deserve to pat yourself on the back. "And do you know what I said to myself? 是的, 我今天早上对着镜子里的我说,“ 丽塔, 你值得自豪。” 你们知道我对自己说了什么吗?

JEFF: What? 什么?

RITA: Forget the pat on the back. Treat yourself. Go shopping. 别自豪了, 奖励一下自己, 去购物吧。