纽约英语口语网新版
温哥华英语口语
第 193 课: What are the busiest days? 最繁忙的日子是什么时候?

Steven: That would be great. And, oh, yes . I've already bought earplugs. 那太好了。哦, 还有, 我已经买好耳塞。

Mike: Earplugs? For a baby? 耳塞? 给孩子用的?

Steven: No, for me. I hear that babies cry all night. 不, 是给我用的。我听说孩子整夜都哭。

Mike: You've already bought earplugs. It sounds like you are definitely ready for the baby. Now let's go. We're late. 你竟然连耳塞都买好了。看来你真是为孩子的出生做好充分准备了。那么我们走吧, 已经晚了。

Connie : Let me tell you about my story. It's about holiday travel. 我给你讲讲我的报道, 是关于假日旅行的。

Maria : I'd like to know about holiday travel. 我想知道假日旅行的事。

Connie : I'm going to interview people about their travel plans. I can interview you atthe airport. 我想就人们的旅行计划进行采访。我可以在机场采访你。

Maria : You'll have to find me first. The airports are so crowded! 你得先找到我。机场那么拥挤!

Connie : Exactly. Millions of people fly on the busiest days from the three New York airports: LaGuardia Airport, Newark Airport, and Kennedy Airport. 确实是的。几百万的人在最繁忙的日子从纽约的三个机场起飞: 拉瓜地尔亚机场, 纽华克机场和肯尼迪机场。

Maria : What are the busiest days? 最繁忙的日子是什么时候?

Connie : Thanksgiving and Christmas are the busiest holidays. Everyone goes home, goes skiing in the mountains, or goes south to Florida. 感恩节和圣诞节是最繁忙的假日。大家要么回家, 要么去山上滑雪, 要么南行去佛罗里达。

Maria : Then the snowstorms arrive. When the weather is bad, nothing moves. 那时通常会有暴风雪。气候一变坏, 什么都不能动了。

Connie : It's terrible when it snows. 下雪的时候真是很糟糕。

Maria : People are late getting to work after their vacations. 人们度假后工作总会迟到。

Connie : Don't get snowed-in in Colorado. Steven will be very upset. 别被雪阻在科罗拉多, 史蒂文会很苦恼的。