纽约英语口语网新版
温哥华英语口语
第 213 课:Have you heard from Steven? 有史蒂文的消息吗?

Connie : Hello? Steve. . . Where are you? . . . At the hospital? . . . And? . . . Well, call us. . . Is there anything we can do? . . Good luck. . Bye. 你好? 史蒂文...... 你在哪儿?...... 医院?...... 还有呢?...... 好的, 给我们打电话...... 有什么要我们做的?......祝你好运...... 再见。

Connie : I'm so happy for Steven. But I'm also a little jealous. It must be exciting to have a baby. . . I'm 33 years old. I've never been married. 我真为史蒂文高兴。但我也有点羡慕他。有个孩子一定很令人兴奋...... 我三十三岁了, 从未结过婚。

Work has always been the most important thing. . . Is it worth it? Sure. There are things I've done that Steven hasn't done. 工作一直是最重要的事...... 值得吗? 当然了。也有些事我做过而史蒂文没做过。

I've traveled around the world as a reporter. I've visited 50 countries. That's
exciting too. 我曾作为记者周游世界, 我去过50 个国家。这也很令人兴奋。

Mike: Have you heard from Steven? 有史蒂文的消息吗?

Connie : He's still waiting. Poor Steven. He stayed up all night last night. He's on pins and needles. 他还在等着。可怜的史蒂文。昨晚他一夜没睡。他坐立不安的。

Mike: He must be tired today. And he must be worried. Is Anne OK? 他今天一定很累, 也一定很担心。安妮还好吧?

Connie : She's fine. She had pains this morning. She must be ready to have the baby. 她很好。她今早开始阵痛。她一定是快生了。

Mike: So Steven won't be able to come in today. 所以史蒂文今天不能来了。

Connie : That's OK. I have the schedules and the scripts. I'll be able to manage whilehe's gone. 没事。我有进度表和脚本。他不在时我能应付。

Mike: He won't be able to see Jake's story on archaeology. We'll show it to him tomorrow. 他不能看杰克的考古报道了。明天我们再给他看吧。

Connie : I'm not sure he'll be able to come in to work tomorrow either, Mike. 我也不清楚他明天是否能回来工作, 迈克。

Mike: Where's Maria? 玛丽亚在哪儿?

Connie : Today's Thursday. Maria won't be back until Friday. I don't think she'll be able to see the story either. 今天周四, 玛丽亚周五才回来。我想她也不能看那篇报道了。

Mike: Jake? 杰克?

Jake: Oh. Sorry, Mike. I guess I fell asleep. 噢, 对不起, 迈克。我想我睡着了。