纽约英语口语网新版
温哥华英语口语
第 236 课:I used to jog,过去我也慢跑

Jake: Steven, I'm sorry I woke you up. 很抱歉, 史蒂文, 把你给吵醒了。

Steven: Before the baby was born, I used to work all day without feeling sleepy. I didn't use to take a nap at lunchtime. 孩子出生前, 我整天地工作, 从没觉得困过, 中午也不打盹。

Jake: I'm going jogging during my lunch break. Come with me. 午休时我要去慢跑, 一起来吧。

Steven: I used to jog, but I don't anymore. 过去我也慢跑, 现在不跑了。

Jake: Why don't you bring your running shoes tomorrow ? We'll take a run. 为什么明天不你的跑鞋带来? 我们去跑步。

Steven: I will. What did you leave on my desk? 好吧。你在我桌上放了什么?

Jake: An idea for a business story on Abbott Larkin. 是关于阿尔伯特. 拉金的一个业新闻的构思。

Steven: Jake, there's a business story Maria and I would like you to do. 杰克, 确实有个商业新闻, 我和玛丽亚想要你来做。

Jake: There is? 真的?

Steven: It's about Stamford. It's a corporate center now, but it didn't use to be. It used to be a farm village. After that, many companies built their factories here. 是有关斯坦福德的。斯坦福德现在是个商业中心, 而过去不是。它过去只是个农村。后来许多公司在这里建了工厂。

Jake: But most of the factories aren't here anymore. 但是大部分的工厂现在已经不存在了。

Steven: Exactly. Find out which companies used to have their factories here and which companies still do. 对极了。我们要找出哪些公司过去在这里建过工厂, 哪些公司在这里还有工厂。

Jake: It sounds interesting, but I'd like to do another story on Abbott Larkin. 听起来挺有趣, 但我想做另一个有关阿伯特. 拉金的新闻。

Steven: I know, Jake. But do this story first. 我知道, 杰克。但先做这个新闻吧。

Jake: OK. I'll get started right away. 好吧, 我马上开始。

Steven: I'll bring my running shoes tomorrow. Let's meet for a jog at noon. OK? 明天我就把跑鞋带来。我们中午一起去跑步好吗?

Jake: Great. And I'll have something for you tomorrow. 太好了。明天我会给你准备好一些资料。