纽约英语口语网新版
温哥华英语口语
第 257 课:Of course you'll get a raise. 当然, 你会加薪啦。

Connie : And Jake. I hope he's coming. 还有杰克没来, 希望他快来了。

Mike: So do I. I wish he'd get here. 我也是, 我真希望他会来这儿。

Steven: I wish she'd get here. 但愿玛丽亚会来。

Jake: Sorry I'm late. I had an important phone call. Where's Maria? 抱歉, 我迟到了。我接了个非常重要的电话, 玛丽亚在哪儿?

Maria : I'm coming. Please don't leave. Please wait one more second. I hope you'll forgive me when you. . . see. . . this. 玛 我来, 大家别走开。再等一秒钟。希望你们...... 看到...... 这个后能原谅我。

Maria : For the best news team I've ever worked with. Mike, Steven, Connie, Jake, this is for you. 送给曾与我合作的最好的新闻节目制作小组。迈克, 史蒂文, 康妮, 杰克, 这是给你们的。

Mike: What for? 怎么回事?

Sam: Blow out the candles. Then ask questions. 先吹蜡烛, 再问问题。

Steven: Nice cake, but I wish someone would explain. 蛋糕不错, 我希望能有人解释解释。

Maria : Well, I want to thank you for all your good work during the years we've been at WEFL together. And Sam has an important telegram to read to you.
谢这些年来大家在WEFL 出色的工作。山姆有一封重要的电报要读给你们听。

Sam: This is from the new owner. He says, "I wish I could be there to congratulate you. You produce an excellent news show. 这是新老板发来的, 他说:“ 我真希望去那里向你们大家祝贺, 你们制作了非常棒的新闻节目。

I plan to make no big changes in the staff or in the show, except for one thing. . . . 在节目的编排和人员的安排上我都不打算做什么大变动, 只有一件事......”

Jake, Steven, Mike & Connie : Yes? 史蒂文、迈克和康妮: 什么事?

Sam: Because Maria is leaving, I hope that Steven Winn will take her place as producer of the show. 因为玛丽亚要离开, 所以我希望史蒂文代替玛丽亚的位置做电视节目的制作人。

Maria : Of course you'll get a raise. 当然, 你会加薪啦。