纽约英语口语网新版
温哥华英语口语
第 85 课:In Los Angeles? 在洛杉矶吗?

STEVEN: Jeff, do you have more experience in television or in theater? 杰夫, 对于电视剧和戏剧, 你哪个更有经验?

JEFF: Well, I have more experience in theater. But I did a TV show for KNEB. 噢, 我在戏剧方面更有经验, 但是我曾为KNEB 做过一个电视节目。

STEVEN: In Los Angeles? 在洛杉矶吗?

JEFF: Yes. I lived in Los Angeles, oh, two years ago. I didn't want to stay there. I like New York better. It's more exciting than Los Angeles. 是的, 我住在洛杉矶, 哦, 是两年前住在那儿。我不想呆在那儿。我更喜欢纽约, 它比洛杉矶更令人兴奋。

LINDA: I know he doesn't have much experience. But he has everything else. He's more energetic , he's more intelligent, he's more talented. 我知道他没有多少经验, 但是他具备其它的各种条件。他更有活力, 更聪明, 更有天分。

STEVEN: And he's more nervous . Linda, I think we're taking a chance on this guy. 他也更紧张。琳达, 我觉得我们是在这个人身上下赌注。

LINDA: I disagree. Oh, Steven, just look at that face! He's more photogenic than any of the other actors. 我不这么认为。噢, 史蒂文, 看看这张脸, 他比其他的演员更上镜。

STEVEN: All right. . . All right. 好吧...... 好吧。

LINDA: What do you think of Stamford? 你觉得斯坦福德怎么样?

JEFF: I love Stamford. I grew up here, you know. 我喜欢斯坦福德。你知道, 我是在这儿长大的。

STEVEN: No, I didn't know that. How would you compare New York with Stamford? 不, 我不知道。你认为纽约和斯坦福德相比如何?

JEFF: Well, New York is more interesting, but it's also more expensive, more crowded. When you're trying to sleep, you find out it's much noisier. 嗯, 纽约更有趣, 但是那儿的物价也更高, 交通更拥挤。当你想睡觉时,你会发现外面噪音很大。

Stamford is much more beautiful than New York. And the people are much friendlier. 斯坦福德比纽约更美, 人也更友好。

STEVEN: Well, I hope you think Linda and I are friendly too, since we're going to be working together. 我但愿你认为琳达和我也很友好, 因为我们将在一起工作。

LINDA: You have the role, Jeff. Welcome to WEFL. 这个角色由你来演,杰夫。欢迎你到WEFL 来。

JEFF: Terrific! I can't wait to get started! 太好了,我等不及了。