- 491
My mom and I would always decorate our tree together.
我妈妈和我总是一起装饰圣诞树
- 492
This Christmas is gonna be weird.
今年圣诞一定不好过
- 493
Oh, Zach.
扎克
- 494
You know, my mother died when I
知道吗 在我很小的时候
- 495
was young. She was hit by a car.
我妈妈就过世了 她被车撞了
- 496
It was right before Christmas, as a matter of fact.
事实上 那就是在圣诞前夕
- 497
We were all singing carols and the dog was howling
我们都在唱着颂歌 而狗在叫个不停
- 498
because everybody in my family sings off-key except for me.
因为除了我 其他家人都不在调上
- 499
Anyway, it was a terrible ruckus.
总之 当时大家都闹腾得不行
- 500
So no one noticed when my mother went
所以当我妈妈出门给邻居送礼物时
- 501
out to give the neighbors a gift.
没有一个人注意到
- 502
The next thing we heard were brakes screeching.
紧接着就听到了刺耳的刹车声
- 503
Most of my family went to the hospital
家里人大多去了医院
- 504
but I stayed home because I was so young.
而我太小了所以留在家
- 505
When I looked out the window
当我透过窗户向外看去
- 506
I saw my mother's blood on the street
我看见马路上沾染了妈妈的鲜血
- 507
and nobody was doing anything about it.
却没有人来清理
- 508
So I got a hose and I washed it off.
所以我拿起水管去冲洗血迹
- 509
And once it was clean, I felt so much better.
当血迹冲干净时 我感觉平静多了
- 510
I've never told anyone that story before.
我从未对任何人讲过这个故事